Login AM 2015 Update - Blueprints, User Installed Applications and Citrix XenApp 7.5 support
The past six months have been quite busy at Login AM. Since the release of Login AM 2014R2 in May 2014, we have added a number of exciting new features but we have also improved existing features based on your valuable feedback. Today, I am happy to announce the general availability of Login AM 2015.
The following main additions were added to Login AM over the last 6 months:
- Blueprints. Administrators can now easily turn their automated deployments of applications, servers and even complete environments into reusable blueprints that allow them to quickly build new similar environments or even setup a complete test environment within hours.
- User installed applications. VDI promises that users can deploy their own software onto their virtual machine in the datacenter. Login AM delivers on that promise. Without handing over full control to the end-user, Login AM lets the end user select and deploy the applications they need.
- XenApp 7.5 support. As one of the main desktop virtualization platforms, XenApp 7.5 was supported right after the official release of the product. Closely following the release of XenApp 7.5 our support is already in bèta and expected to become available within the next month.
We have built a large number of small usability improvements based on the feedback of our users. These improvements are mainly focused on making Login AM an easy to use product that will deliver results fast. The usability of our product will continue to be one of the main focus points for this release as well as all future releases.
At Login AM we strive for a steady release schedule with easy upgrades that allow our customers to benefit from product improvements early and risk-free. All existing Login AM 2014 customers with a valid subscription are entitled to a free upgrade to Login AM 2015.
The Login AM 2015R2 release is scheduled for May 8th, 2015. Amongst others, we plan to add the following valuable new features:
- Staging wizards. Internally known as the DTAP wizards, these wizards will allow administrators to easily migrate changes that were prepared in the development environments to test environments and ultimately to the production environment. Speed up the 'first-time-right' deployment of changes. More agility and less risk!
- Documentation generator. Why waste time creating and maintaining detailed technical documentation when you can have Login AM do the heavy lifting. Time wasted on inconsistent and outdated documentation is better spent on automating.